The work, which is part of the MOSE system, is necessary to restore the functionality of the navigation lock for commercial ships (length 411.00 m, width 50.50 m and height 17.00 m).
The particularity of the project involves the implementation of the new sliding structures c.d. "rails", necessary for handling the new door. These activities, although they affect the bottom of the lock, are carried out “in dry” through the use of a self-sinking metal structure called "habitat".
This structure allows operators to work at depth - 13.75 m s.l.m.m. in dry, in normal weather conditions thus ensuring maximum precision and compliance with the tolerances required by the project.
Existing door to remove and demolish
The role of Nautilus
Nautilus will take care of the realization of:
- Underwater survey and cleaning of the concrete threshold and existing structures;
- Buoyancy and removal of the existing door from the weight of 1,200.00 ton;
- Demolition and disposal of the existing door;
- Dry installation of the new sliding structures "rails" for the future door;
- Installation assistance for the new metal door.